BASIC8 is an integrated Fantasy Computer. Create, share and play disks in a modern BASIC dialect. Use built-in tools like sprite, tile and map editor to develop games fast while having fun with retro aesthetics.
- Handy sharing via Steam Workshop with built-in tools
- Disk can be made into standalone player with the Player Maker and HTML Maker
- Disk can be saved as "*.b8" file, "*.png", or text based for sharing
- Programmable in an easy to learn BASIC dialect with both retro and modern syntax
- Easy to use API for graphics, input, audio, and more other facilities
- Visualized built-in tools for editing sprite, tiles, map, quantized, etc.
- Visualized Wave Maker for making sound effect
- Display: 160x128 pixels
- Audio: 2 music channels, 4 sound effect channels
- Graphics: up to 65535 drawing commands per cycle
- Palette: 16 colors with transparency support
- Sprite: up to 32x32 pixels per frame, up to 512 frames per sprite
- Tiles: 240 cels
- Map: up to 128x64 tiles per layer, up to 4 layers (including a layer of logic mark) per page
Looking for the best programs similar to BASIC8? We reviewed our top picks below. Let's see if there are any BASIC8 alternatives that work on your platform.
TIC-80 is a fantasy computer where you can make, play and share tiny games. Comes with built-in tools for development: code, sprites, maps, sound editors and a command...
8bitworkshop is a browser-based IDE for Atari 2600 development built on Javatari and DASM and CodeMirror .
Lua-based fantasy console for making and playing tiny, computer games and programs.
LIKO-12 is a fantasy console built with the LÖVE game engine. It's similar to http://alternativeto .
Pixel Vision 8 is a platform that standardizes 8-bit fantasy console limitations built on top of an open source C# SDK. Developers can customize these restrictions to...
Voxatron is a fantasy console system where games are made out of voxels and made available to the system as traditional cartridges that can be made from scratch through...
Bitsy is a little editor for little games or worlds. The goal is to make it easy to make games where you can walk around and talk to people and be somewhere.
PX8 is an open-source fantasy Console in Rust (with Python and Lua).
Pyxel is a retro game engine for Python. Inspired by fantasy consoles like PICO-8, Pyxel imposes graphic and sound limits that...
The quadplay fantasy console bundles an emulator and advanced development tools including an adept IDE and tools for use with other IDEs like VS Code, Vim and Emacs. ...
Add your reviews & share your experience when using BASIC8 to the world. Your opinion will be useful to others who are looking for the best BASIC8 alternatives.