Multi Commander has a lot of file manager features. This list It is not even close to complete. There are so many features and tweaks in Multi Commander that not everything can be listed here.
• Dual Panel
• Commander styled keyboard/mouse setup
• Windows Explorer styled keyboard/mouse setup
• Customizable colors
• Customizable keyboard
• Customizable mouse
• Clickable crumbbar
• Commandline field for quick commands
• Quick launch bar
• Button panel
• Log window
File System Browser
• Fast Selection/Deselection of multiple files using filters
• Set view filter to minimize files that should be shown.
• Go to next/previous sibling folder with ctrl+pgup/pgdn
• Load/Save current selection to memory or file
• Restore previous copy/move selection with num+/
• Compare panel and select Duplicates, Missing, Newest
• Hotpath to fast go to user defined paths
• Back/Forward to go to location in previously visited
• History button to show the latest location you been at for fast access
• Command line command to fast go to path
• Edit path field to change path
• Disconnect usb/remote device from inside Multi Commander
• Quick search window to do inplace search for file/folders
• Show files and folder in detailed or list or thumbnail list mode
• Browse local harddrives
• Browse network servers/shares
• Plug-ins expands the filesystem.
• FTP (with SSL/TLS Support)
• Browse the Registry as a filesystem
• Browse archives (Zip, 7-Zip, Rar, Tar, gz, bz2 )
• Show file properties as columns
• All file operations are run in background. Do not hang/block the main window.
• Delete files and folder
• Delete to recycle bin
• Delete files inside archives (eg Zip)
Full list of features: http://multicommander.com/features/features-overview
Are you still using Multi Commander? Let's compare it to the best other options below. Maybe one of these Multi Commander alternatives will work on your device, too.
Total Commander is a shareware Orthodox File Manager (OFM) for Windows. Some features include a built-in FTP client, file compare, archive file navigation, and a...
Total Commander-inspired file manager that features two side-by-side panels for navigation.
An alternative windows file manager with advanced features similar to total commander.
Visual, text-mode file manager that works in consoles, over SSH and via remote shells.
File Explorer, previously known as Windows Explorer, is a file manager application that is included with releases of the Microsoft Windows operating system from Windows...
XYplorer is a file manager for Windows. It features tabbed browsing, a powerful file search, a versatile preview, a highly customizable interface, optional dual pane...
Far Manager is a program for managing files and archives in Windows operating systems. Far Manager works in text mode and provides a simple and intuitive interface for...
QTTabBar is an extension for Windows Explorer that brings tabbed browsing to Microsoft's file browser. It comes with a number of nifty features including a favorites...
Dolphin is a file manager for KDE focusing on usability. Has three view modes: Icon, Detail and it used to have Column View like in Finder (it is not available in...
Thunar is a new modern file manager for the Xfce Desktop Environment. Thunar has been designed from the ground up to be fast and easy-to-use. Its user interface is...
Add your reviews & share your experience when using Multi Commander to the world. Your opinion will be useful to others who are looking for the best Multi Commander alternatives.