Pixelorama is a free and open source sprite editor, ideal for pixel art. In this page you'll be learning about the latest added features, as well as its features in general. It's made with Godot Engine, using GDScript.
- 6 configurable tools: pencil, eraser, fill bucket, lighten/darken, color picker and rectangle select
- Different colors and brush sizes for each of the mouse buttons.
- Two types of custom brushes: "From files" and "per project" brushes. Custom brushes from files get loaded from the "Brushes" folder that comes with Pixelorama, and per project brushes get saved with the rectangle select tool.
- Creating a new canvas with a size of your choosing.
- Animation Timeline for animators?
- Import images and edit them inside Pixelorama. If you import multiple files, they will be added as individual animation frames.
- Export your gorgeous art as PNG files.
- Save snd open your projects as Pixelorama's custom file format, .pxo
- Undo/Redo support!
- Horizontal & vertical mirrored drawing!
- Tile Mode for pattern creation!
- Split screen mode to see your masterpiece twice! And a mini canvas preview area to see it thrice!
- Create straight lines for pencil and eraser by holding down Shift while you draw.
- Use middle mouse to pan around the canvas and by scrolling up and down, you can zoom in and out!
- Keyboard shortcuts!
- Multi-layer system!
- Rulers and guides!
- Scale, crop and flip your images!
Looking for other Pixelorama-like programs? We've rounded up our favorites Pixelorama alternatives. Try any one of these fan favorites to see if they'll support your system and meet your specific needs.
Aseprite is a program by David Capello for creating animated sprites and pixel art.
Animation graphic editor easy to use - Powerful tool for spriting and pixel art. Features: supports AVI format (*no audio), supports any bits-per-pixel, real-time...
GrafX2 is a bitmap paint program inspired by the Amiga programs Deluxe Paint and Brilliance. Specialized in 256-color drawing, it includes a very large number of tools...
Remember the good old 2D games and their beautiful sprites? With Piskel you can create your own in a few clicks. FEATURES Live preview Piskel gives you a live...
Pixen is a pixel art editor designed for working with low-resolution raster art, such as those 8-bit sprites found in old-school video games. With innovative features...
Pyxel Edit is a pixel art editor designed to make it fun and easy to make tilesets, levels and animations.
Hexels is a creative suite for grid-based painting, animation, and design. The Hexels canvas is a paintable grid of geometric shapes that lets artists create complex...
Pro Motion is a drawing and animation software for Windows designed similar to the famous Amiga Deluxe Paint (DPaint). It is ideal for artists working on detailed and...
Animations: Create animations and export them as spritesheets or animated GIFs. Tileset: Mockup your tilesets and export them as .png images. Palette/Tile...
Pixelsque's goal is to be as simple as possible, while still retaining many powerful features. It works like any standard pixel art editor, with a pen, eraser, and...
Add your reviews & share your experience when using Pixelorama to the world. Your opinion will be useful to others who are looking for the best Pixelorama alternatives.