QtiPlot is a professional scientific data analysis and visualisation solution. It is meant to be a cheap alternative to proprietary and costly software such as Origin, SigmaPlot, Regressi or Igor Pro.
Precompiled binaries are available for a very low price, making this software easily accessible for students ; the source code is freely downloadable, but compilation might be a little tricky. Precompiled packages are also available in some Linux distributions for free.
QtiPlot is used for teaching as well as for complex data analysis and visualisation in companies, high schools, universities and reseach institutes all over the world.
* Cross-platform: works natively on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux/Unix systems
* Fully Python scriptable
* OpenGL based 3D plotting
* Publication quality plots and easy export to various image formats (EMF, EPS, PS, PDF, SVG, BMP, JPG, PNG, TIFF, etc ...)
* Easy integration with LaTeX typesetting system
* Powerful and versatile spreadsheets with column-logic calculations and easy import/export of multiple files
* One-click access to extensive built-in data analysis routines
* Linear and nonlinear curve fitting with weighting and estimation of statistical errors of the fit-parameters
* Multi-peak fitting
* Image analysis tools
* Templates support: all settings for plots, tables and matrices can be saved and restored later on for a fast editing process
* Project files based on folders, a powerful project explorer with built-in drag and drop and searching facilities
* Full import of OriginLab® Origin projects, Excel workbooks and Open Document Format spreadsheets
Looking for some programs similar to QtiPlot? Here are the top-recommended programs we found. Let's take a look if there's anything out there that helps you on whatever platform you're using.
Data analysis and graphing software for scientists and engineers. It provides You with dozens of functionalities and options. The plotting engine is very effective and...
SciDAVis is a free application for Scientific Data Analysis and Visualization. It's an application aimed at data analysis and publication-quality plotting. It...
Veusz is a GUI scientific plotting and graphing package. It is designed to produce publication-ready Postscript or PDF output. SVG, EMF and bitmap export formats are...
SigmaPlot is a proprietary software package for scientific graphing and data analysis for Microsoft Windows. The software can read multiple formats and perform...
Technical graphing and data analysis for Macintosh and Windows. IGOR Pro creates publication quality scientific graphics used by scientists and engineers around the...
Aveloy Graph is an application for graph creation / data visualization - fast, easy to use and interactive.
DPlot graphing software lets scientists and engineers graph, plot, analyze, and manipulate data.
DataMelt (or DMelt) is a program for numeric computation, statistics, data analysis and data visualization. This multiplatform program is integrated with Jython...
Kst is a fast, real-time large-dataset viewing and plotting tool available and has built-in data analysis functionality. Kst is moreover expandable with plugins and...
LabPlot is a KDE-application for interactive graphing and analysis of scientific data.
Add your reviews & share your experience when using QtiPlot to the world. Your opinion will be useful to others who are looking for the best QtiPlot alternatives.