QuteMol is an open source (GPL), interactive, high quality molecular visualization system. QuteMol exploits the current GPU capabilites through OpenGL shaders to offers an array of innovative visual effects. QuteMol visualization techniques are aimed at improving clarity and an easier understanding of the 3D shape and structure of large molecules or complex proteins.
• Real Time Ambient Occlusion
• Depth Aware Silhouette Enhancement
• Ball and Sticks, Space-Fill and Liquorice visualization modes
• High resolution antialiased snapshots for creating publication quality renderings
• Automatic generation of animated gifs of rotating molecules for web pages animations
• Real-time rendering of large molecules and protein (>100k atoms)
• Standard PDB input
• Quick installers for Win and Mac OS X (Intel) (new!)
• Support as a plugins of the NanoEngineer-1 the modeling and simulation program for nano-composites
Looking for some programs similar to QuteMol? Here are the top-recommended programs we found. Let's take a look if there's anything out there that helps you on whatever platform you're using.
RasMol is a computer program written for molecular graphics visualization intended and used primarily for the depiction and exploration of biological macromolecule...
RasTop is a molecular visualization software adapted from the program RasMol, which was initially developed by Roger Sayle. RasTop is particularly adapted for...
Space Ball is brilliant, bright game that put you into the beautiful scenery of open space. Astounding 3 -d effects, many traps and obstacles will keep you busy for...
Add your reviews & share your experience when using QuteMol to the world. Your opinion will be useful to others who are looking for the best QuteMol alternatives.