UltraDefrag is powerful and fast defragmentation tool for Windows. There are three interfaces to them: graphical, console and native. The GUI is useful, because it represents your filesystem visually as a color-coded cluster map. The console is another option for those that prefer the command line. It allows you to run UltraDefrag from the task scheduler and scripts. Finally, the native executable will run at boot time in a manner similar to chkdsk. The design of UltraDefrag is very simple. There are no skins and other unnecessary stuff. It is a small and powerful program!
It can defragment any system files including registry hives and paging file. Also one of the main goals of UltraDefrag is doing the job as fast and reliable as possible.
UltraDefrag has the following features:
- automatic defragmentation.
- fast and efficient defragmentation algorithms.
- safe environment preventing files corruption.
- detailed file fragmentation reports.
- defragmentation of individual files/folders.
- defragmentation of locked system files.
- defragmentation of NTFS metafiles (including MFT) and streams.
- exclusion of files by path, size and number of fragments.
- fully configurable disk optimization.
- drive processing time limit.
- defragmentation of disks having the specified fragmentation level.
- automatic hibernation or shutdown after the job completion.
- multilingual graphical interface (over 60 languages available).
- one click defragmentation via Windows Explorer's context menu.
- powerful command line interface.
- easy to use portable edition.
- full support of 64-bit editions of Windows.
Are you looking for alternatives to UltraDefrag? Please see our top picks. In this article, we provide the list of some UltraDefrag alternatives that will work on Windows and other platforms.
It differs from other defrag tools on the market, by enabling you to quickly and simply defrag the files you want to, without having to process the whole drive. You can...
Disk fragmentation leads to system slowdowns, PC crashes, slow startup and shutdown and sometimes to system failures. Auslogics Disk Defrag is designed for fast...
MyDefrag (previously JkDefrag) is a disk defragmenter and optimizer (a maintenance utility to make your harddisk faster) for Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, 2008, Win7...
Smart Defrag is a Reliable and Intelligent Disk Defragmenter with Ultra-fast, Stable, Efficient Defrag Engine. Smart Defrag supports deep defragment, defragmentation...
PerfectDisk is a disk defragmenter with a variety of advanced disk management features. It supports automatic background defragmentation, flexible scheduling options...
O&O Defrag packs file fragments quickly and securely back together to optimize your hard disk under Windows. You can now see what the program does for your system...
System Mechanic automatically repairs errors and fragmentation, cleans out clutter, and tunes up your PC -- so that it runs smoothly, reliably, and up to 300% faster!...
Condusiv's Diskeeper 16 is designed to be an active defragmenter that defrags while idle, but also delays and caches read/writes by using a pool of system RAM (L1...
WinContig is an easy-to-use stand-alone defragmentation tool that doesn't create any installation directories or Registry entries on your computer. Its purpose is to...
Contig is a single-file defragmenter that attempts to make files contiguous on disk. Its perfect for quickly optimizing files that are continuously becoming fragmented...
Add your reviews & share your experience when using UltraDefrag to the world. Your opinion will be useful to others who are looking for the best UltraDefrag alternatives.