It just sounds better! The beauty is in its simplicity, yet behind the minimal exterior lies a powerful music player with a ton of features & support for all audio formats you should ever need.
VOX was originally developed following the principles of clarity, simplicity and versatility. Thus, the minimalistic interface incorporates both essential and unique features, which let you:
Listen to your music regardless of the format:
• Play numerous lossy and lossless audio formats;
• Export playlists in various formats (PLS, M3U, XSPF);
• Open different playlist types including M3U, PLS, XSPF and the popular CUE format used to store CD rips;
• Play audio files stored on NAS devices and other network drives.
Rule your music with ease:
• Control the player from the main interface, Dock context menu or main menu controls;
• Automatically search for all the missing album artwork from MusicBrainz and LastFM databases;
• Use keyboard media keys, headphones buttons and Apple Remote to control playback (requires VOX Preference Pane);
• Easily add music via smart drop zones, ordinary open dialog and Finder context menu;
• Use equalizer with presets & custom mode, crossfade, fade on play/pause, converting music to 5.1 or 7.1 format;
• Preview album artwork from your Dock icon;
• Gapless playback support;
• Get system or Growl playback notifications.
Focus on music, not the source:
• Work with different audio sources including custom Playlist, iTunes Library, online Radio & even more in the future;
• Keep your listening statistics up-to-date with your LastFM account by means of LastFM scrobbling.
Get more out of your technical equipment:
• Advanced Audio Features: HOG Mode; Improved multi-output device support;
• Convert stereophonic audio in your headphones to binaural using Bauer DSP (BS2B) technology;
• Pause playback automatically on headphones disconnection;
• Take full advantage of AirPlay (10.8+) to listen from any of your wireless output devices.
Looking for a program that is like Vox Music Player? We have our top picks here. If you need another program that has some of the features of Vox Music Player on your device, read what we recommend in this post.
VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework. Owned by the non-profit organization VideoLAN.
foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. Main features Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, Opus...
Full-featured media player known for its ease of use, skinnable design and advanced audio visualizers.
Clementine is a cross-platform free and open source music player and library organizer based on Amarok 1.4.
Free and full-featured media player with seamless, high-quality audio playback and comprehensive format support.
MusicBee makes it easy to manage, find, and play music files on your computer. MusicBee also supports podcasts, web radio stations and SoundCloud integration.
Rhythmbox is an audio player for Linux that plays and organizes digital music. Inspired by Apple's iTunes, it is free software...
Amarok is a powerful music player for Linux, Unix and Windows with an intuitive interface. It makes playing the music you love and discovering new music easier than ever...
Audacious is an advanced audio player. It is free, lightweight, based on GTK+, runs on Linux and many other *nix platforms and is focused on audio quality and supporting...
Strawberry is a music player and music collection organizer. It's written in C++ using the Qt 5 framework.
Add your reviews & share your experience when using Vox Music Player to the world. Your opinion will be useful to others who are looking for the best Vox Music Player alternatives.